The adventure of trying to make a house a home that we built for our family of six plus some craft, home décor, recipes & any family fun we might have.

Thursday 7 February 2013

Can I Ask

 
  
Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?
 
I talked late last year about my clutter and unfortunately I never reduced the amount of stuff we had enough that you'd notice. Honestly, do you think clutter and been disorganised weighs you down? I think we've reached breaking point in most areas of our house and I'm tired of spending so much of my time looking for things. I know I'm not alone in feeling tied by the state of my house, many blogs have developed special series in order to help us start organising and decluttering our homes during January so that we can get on top of thing. I know that when I become overwhelmed with the clutter in my home I'll eat more often especially if I'm procrastinating about what to do and where to start.

So, as part of my goals for 2013, I'm going to be taking charge of the clutter and I'm going to win the battle. Starting on Valentine's Day I'm going to be joined by the lovely Donna from 'Organize It' who is going to help me clean up my entire house. We are going to be focusing getting rid of the stuff we don't need, reducing the amount of clothing that we have, putting away all the stuff that's still sitting in moving boxes and setting things up so that they run more efficiently. This is going to be a really


 BIG JOB
in that Donna and I will be working a minimum of four hours a day over the course of four days. This means that I'll be spending a minimum of sixteen hours working on this house in the hope that we'll be able to drive the car into the garage, that I'll know were to look for the notices that come home from school, the kid's will know were to put their toy's and that the kitchen will finally be organised so that the pots and pans are away in the correct space instead of sitting in a moving box waiting to be placed in there correct spot.
 
Media room that is housing some
 of our clothes.
 

Our Kitchen Bench.


The garage were I hope to FINALLY PUT THE CAR.
 
Donna has said that some area's may require more time and the beauty of working with Donna is that she's able to tack more time on so that you can finish off the spaces your working with. I'm going to be giving this task my full attention because it's affecting me in more ways than one.
 
I have come to the realisation that the clutter doesn't make me happy and because of this I don't make friends easily as I tend to be a negative person. The clutter has lead to feeling depressed and this in turn has helped me gain weight over the years. However, I believe that the number one problem all the clutter and un-organisation has achieved is that it's ruined my relationships. My family have been very judgemental about the clutter, I can become annoyed really easily at the children because of the clutter and it's also played a role in ruining my marriage.
 
At the end of the day though this is my fault, I'm the one person who allowed all these things to be bought into our house. I'm the person who made it impossible for the children to invite people over and I'm the one who didn't say 'NO THANK-YOU' when things were given to us. I've spent so much time watching the clutter grow that I never got around to putting the clutter on a diet.
 
So the house is going on a diet and a major one at that. At the end of these four days I'm hoping that I can give things to charity, get rid of all the boxes, broken toys etc at the rubbish dump and that maybe I'll even be able to have a garage sale to sell all the clothing that the children have out grown.  Most of all I just want to walk into any room and see that everything is clean, tidy and put away. The next job will be to teach the children to put things away after they have finished using them. I hope that I will be able to have the kid's join in on learning how to keep our house clutter free.
 
Well I'm off now to get ready for a very special day tomorrow.
 
Megan


 


No comments:

Post a Comment