The adventure of trying to make a house a home that we built for our family of six plus some craft, home décor, recipes & any family fun we might have.

Friday 8 June 2012

Mortgage Payments Start Now.....

Sorry that I haven't written anything for a while. I've been a little busy preparing my Year 2 book report. I've also been running around re-organising our tile selection as we needed an additional 22 square metres which they couldn't get for us and arranging delivery of said tiles. I booked the concrete for the driveway, booked the tilers in and booked the carpet layers in. None of this can happen until AGL connect the gas line to the house. We contacted them at the beginning of last month and we are still waiting. Now after making all of the arrangements for the last stage of our house we are waiting for AGL to get their contractors to come to our house and connect up the gas to our house. I can then cook a meal or heat the water so that we can have a warm showers.

So after all that the kids and I met up with the building supervisor, he installed the microwave, gave me all the manuals to everything in the house and then he handed over the keys. The kids were really excited, Mr Opoes was interstate and I was thankful that it was finally ours, now all the hard work starts. There is still more work to do and with Caelan and Mackenna finishing school on the 22nd June I've got a lot to do in such a small amount of time. So if AGL's subcontractors can pull their fingers out we might get into this house by CHRISTMAS.



 
Megan

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete