The adventure of trying to make a house a home that we built for our family of six plus some craft, home décor, recipes & any family fun we might have.

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Don't run

As a mother I've always tried to let the kids know when they need to be careful in the hope that when they have an accident they'll learn from their mistakes. I also try to give them enough warning so to prevent the accident e.g walking into a wall and not to cause the accident. However, none of this happened when Mackenna fell over while running to the toilet at the shops. I had all four children with me so I was pushing a trolley, watching for other people who were coming my way. While trying to get Mackenna to walk with me so that we could get to the toilet's before she had an accident.

She'd stopped for a brief second and then run to catch up with me. Next thing I heard a loud noise and there lay Mackenna flat on her stomach crying her eyes out. I picked her up and sat her down on a bench to check out her knees. Not good, blood was running down her leg and she had bits of sand in the grazes. So I took her to the chemist as I didn't have any tissues to mop up the blood. The lovely lady cleaned up her legs, put on band-aids and then because she had been so brave they gave her a bouncy ball.

When we got home I took a few photo's of her legs. She also told daddy all about how brave she was and best of all she got to play with a ball. Only problem now is that Viveca wants a ball too.


Pretty blue Band-aids

 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment